Πέμπτη 5 Αυγούστου 2010

Step by step installation of autoblogs

Step by step installation of autoblogs

(sorry I thought I could make it into a step-by-step but it turned more into a wall of text :P)

You need a...
1) host
2) domain name
3) ftp client (firezilla is what I'm using)
to work with your autoblog.

--------- I do hope you know how to set up a domain name's nameservers to your hosting provider. If you don't then below you can find a link to hostgator's DNS changing webpage. Just choose your domain registar and change the name servers to your host's provided name servers.

Code:
http://www.hostgator.com/dns.shtml
You have to wait quite a few hours because the routers on the internet need to reset their cache in order for you to see any effects.---------

At this point I'm about to install another blog myself, so you can read along and see what I am doing. First thing of course is...

Installing Wordpress

This is probably the easiest part, however you have to think about if you add sub domains to your autoblog project or not. I personally do it because you can make it more 'niche' related. In this example I'll be making a blog about Mac. It's one of the more easier autoblogs to create because of the amount of feeds available on the net.

I made a few sub domains using the control panel on Hostgator (man that goes so smoothly) and named them:

news.mac.com -> latest news for mac
computers.mac.com -> latest updates on the computer apple produces and sells
software.mac.com -> talking about latest software for mac
guides.mac.com -> how to guides for software and stuff

It's a bit general but should give you an idea on how to name your sub domains. Now a little note on the Wordpress versions...

Be aware that some versions of Autoblogged and WP o Matic / WProbot and all the other plugins might not work on Wordpress 2.8.6+ for everybody. I'm always installing 2.8.4. Why? Simply because I know every single thing will work. I don't give a shit about hackers. If one guy hacks my blog (god knows how), sure, I'll just grab a backup and start another autoblog.

Once you uploaded Wordpress to your server you can begin the installation procedure of the WP-config.php file. Takes less then 1 minute if you know where to look and if you just made the database. Personally when I started using Wordpress I had difficulties figuring out the database password and such as I had zero experience in server management. A friend made the database for me and just gave me the info, which is why I had trouble finding it .

Lucky you if your host has Fantastico, that little script installs Wordpress automatically with the correct settings. The latest version though...

Note: if you are going to use sub domains, make sure to install Wordpress on all the subdomains, not just the main domain. Kinda straight forward lol. You could instead use Wordpress MU, which allows easy control over sub domains.

Code:http://mu.wordpress.org/
http://mu.wordpress.org/

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: