Πέμπτη 5 Αυγούστου 2010

You might ask me why I am not using either platinum SEO or HeadSpace2, simply because I don't feel it's necessary. I want to have a less plugins as possible. The more you have, the more you need to edit and set up during a Wordpress installation. I'm not a pro on these plugins so can anybody tell me what the big difference is between platinum SEO and all in one? They both produce the same html code snippets and the options are look-a-like.

Plus I have the feeling it doesn't really matter at all which plugin you have as long as you have a meta description/keywords and your Title in every category and post.

You might also notice I'm not using any social plugin apart from the multisubmitter. This is because it's an autoblog! You don't want visitors to stay, you want them to click the ads. It's already difficult to achieve that, above all - if one visitor decides to stay and read content, he is as useless as a pig in the desert. Probably only eating bandwidth and you won't ever see a backlink in return. My experience is that even with a WHITEHAT blog, people don't submit your content to social websites. That is why you need to do it on your own, don't depend on others.

Now that is where the onlywire multisubmitter comes into play. Just create an account on their website (onlwire.com) and start adding your own social bookmarking account data. (digg stumble twitter diigo propeller etc.) Fill in your onlywire acc name and password into the multisubmitter plugin and it will automatically post your content to the social bookmarking website you filled your data in everytime you post content on your autoblog - which all goes automatic with the plugins. Couldn't be more lazier than that right? The only problem with this is that you need to create a few onlywire accounts because you can only use the API from onlywire 5 times a day.

Content Generating Plugins:

-AutoBlogged (my prefered rss feed fetcher)
-WP o Matic
-WP VideoTube (probably the best video fetch plugin out there)
-Wordpress WriteAgain! -> * see note
-Unique Article Wizard Plugin
-Don't use CC - caffeinated content - it's outdated

Most of these can be downloaded from the download section here on BHW, use the search function on top to get the latest version. I do have a strong believe in purchasing these plugins as it will help the creator for his/her/their work. Currently using Autoblogged for all my autoblogs, I just love it (got a multi site license for 50 autoblogs) if you customize the output for the feed in just the right way, the posts it creates are awesome.

* Writeagain costs a bit of money and can be purchased from a local BHW member. Can't remember his name but to be honest, I've never ever rewritten content for my blog - not even manually - just a linkback to the original article is enough. On top of that I still outrank the original website with many posts. (oh and I don't use UAW too - too lazy ^_^)

Currently I'm using this template for the majority of my blogs: (can be edited in each single feed on the bottom - autoblogged only!)

%if:video%

%video%

%endif:video%
%if:thumbnail%

%thumbnail%

%endif:thumbnail%

%excerpt%


The full story can be read/found on WEBSITE NAME HERE

Replace the 'website name here' and do this because you don't want to give the website credit using the post title text, but rather the website name itself which looks more natural in terms of link building. You can also use the full content which is what many bloggers prefer. Everyone should have their own method right? I understand because it allows them to be indexed for more keywords and thus get more visitors. Problem is with some feeds it also copies some faggy text like comment links | submit this post | bookmark this post | etc.

I don't know exactly how Yahoo pipes work but it should be the solution for that problem. A couple of hours learning on that should fix that I might be making a guide on how to use Yahoo pipes in the future.

Monetization plugins:

Also mentioned in the ultimate thread for autoblog resources.
-AdSense Deluxe in conjuction with Kontera Ads or something.

I don't really use plugins to manage my ads on my blogs. I'd rather insert them myself into the code because for example - I've noticed that when using two large rectangles 336x280 in a table tag get quite a lot of clicks. Result can be seen in the picture below. (yea some dutch ads in there too )

Click to enlarge


It isn't really blending yet but that can be solved with a few CSS color changes. So that was it for the plugins. I'm basically not using more than 1 content generator and I use the whole basic plugin package included from the rapidshare link above.

To make something like that use this code:







GOOGLE ADSENSE ON THE LEFT

GOOGLE ADSENSE ON THE RIGHT


I also make sure to use an AdSense Channel with every single ad unit I put on a website. Why? First off, it allows me to track the performance. Secondly I can increase the cost per click I get. How? Adwords users can target your channel and compete with the keyword targeted ads which normally appear by default. They have to pay more to get on top of your ad units which use that specific channel. Thus give you a higher CPC.

A good example is from my friend yet again, his game forum brings him a total of 5 to 10 cents a click. He earned about 10 bucks a day without optimizing his ad units. After he made them targetable and emailed some advertisers to use AdWords to target his ad units, his CPC rose to 20 to 30 cents a click.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: